Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Adding More Tournaments

Next I worked on importing some more tournaments. This was pretty straight forward. Using the Wikipedia pages, I was able to work backwards using my excel spreadsheets, making minor adjustments as the tournaments had less teams (1994 only had 24 teams, and then in 1982, I reached my first major round block, as the tournament had THREE rounds. At this stage I had to rework the group tables to allow multiple rounds, and then I had to rework the playoff stage so that it dynamically displayed the rounds as needed (as the 1982 final round only involved 4 teams). I finally got this all to work tonight. As you can see below, I also added a header and footers with 'Breadcrumbs' (with Master pages).


Next I'll be working on a Tournament summary, basic stats page.

No comments:

Post a Comment